Dear OCF Friends and Family,
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jeff Henderson and I am your new pastor (I am also your old pastor, but having been gone so much this summer I feel the need to reintroduce myself!). And, the truth of the matter is I am your “new” pastor. Over these summer months I have been away from you enough for two things to happen:
– The Lord has been showing me areas of my life that need to be reaffirmed, renewed, encouraged, and even corrected. This makes me a new man! Praise The Lord for his tender mercies that are new EVERY morning!
– Any time I get away from my local church family, The Lord renews my heart for “all y’all.” We are not building a good church…we are building a GREAT CHURCH!! I am so excited to see the Lord’s plans and purposes unveiled in this season. He is doing great things through YOU! As for me, I am feeling so encouraged to have the privilege of pastoring this great church! This makes me a renewed man!
All of this makes me very excited to be back in worship with you tomorrow! And what a busy day we have ahead of us!
– We will pray for our students and teachers as they head into another school year!
– We will have an amazing guest worship leader in Kelanie Gloeckler who will take us to the feet of Jesus!
– Thrive and 456 kids will be getting wet at water day to celebrate the “end of summer”
– Remember your backpack for Metro Kids Konnection
Finally, I will be preaching a message entitled “Lessons from the River” that will lay forth a bit of what The Lord has been teaching me the last couple weeks.
Vacation time is over…let’s worship together!
Grace and peace from your old/new pastor,